Block & Leviton represents shareholders that have been defrauded into making investments in both domestic and foreign-traded companies. Through its securities litigation practice, the attorneys at Block & Leviton seek to protect the rights of shareholders of all sizes and levels of sophistication, from individual investors to large institutions.
Block & Leviton has been at the helm of numerous significant securities class actions, including:
- In re BP plc Securities Litigation, No. 10-md-2185 (S.D. Tex.) (counsel to the Ohio Public Employees’ Retirement System)
- In re Swisher Hygiene, Inc. Sec. and Deriv. Litig., No. 3:12-MD-2384-GCM (W.D.N.C.) (obtained a $5.5 million settlement, or 30% of total recoverable damages, which the court called “extremely impressive”)
- In re EZCORP, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 1:15-cv-00608 (W.D. Tex.) (appointed co-lead counsel)
- Budde v. Global Power Equipment Inc. et al., No. 3:15-cv-02120 (N.D. Tex.) (appointed co-lead counsel).
Block & Leviton’s attorneys have extensive experience in representing shareholders in both individual and class actions, and have obtained significant recoveries on behalf of defrauded investors, including:
- Xerox Corp. ($750 million settlement)
- Marsh & McLennan Cos. ($400 million recovery)
- Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products ($180 million recovery)
- Cisco Systems ($99 million recovery)
- Philip Services Corp. ($79.5 million recovery)
- Cardinal Health ($600 million settlement)
- Bristol Myers Squibb ($300 million recovery)
- Symbol Technologies ($103 million recovery)
- The Boeing Co. ($92.5 million settlement)
- VeriSign, Inc. ($78 million settlement)
As a complement to our securities litigation practice, we also provide portfolio monitoring services to a number of public institutions and large private clients. Find out more about the services we provide to our institutional clients.